Sustineo is proud to support the #EndCOVIDforAll campaign.
We’re calling on Australia’s political leaders to step up and help vaccinate the world against COVID-19.
Right now, the world is at a critical stage in our response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
While the spread of COVID-19 has been far more limited in Australia than elsewhere in the world and vaccination rates are on the rise across the country, there’s far more that needs to be done to ensure we vaccinate the world’s population as quickly as possible.
Globally, the COVID-19 vaccine rollout is slow and uneven. As it stands, by 2030, the poorest 20 nations will have vaccinated only three in ten people according to current trends.
Not only is this unjust and unwise, but it also presents a danger to Australia. The COVID-19 virus does not respect borders, as we have seen with the recent Delta outbreak.
If we want Australia to safely reopen and take advantage of all the social and economic opportunities a new post-pandemic world presents, we need to ensure that the vaccine rate is increased in developing countries so we can end COVID for all.
The well targeted plan for the Australian Government to achieve this has five elements:
- Contributing our fair share to global vaccination efforts
- Committing to vaccine equity for all frontline workers and vulnerable groups around the world
- Addressing vaccine hesitancy
- Ensuring countries can build back after the pandemic ends
- Increasing Australia's overall aid commitment to combat a rise in extreme poverty in the wake of the pandemic
Help get this message out by sharing the plan for action far and wide:
Read the expert-led report, Shot of Hope, which details seven key recommendations to the Australian Government: www.endcovidforall.com