The organisation: Sustineo is an innovative and dynamic consulting firm working at the intersection of research, evaluation and policy impact in Australia and the Asia-Pacific. We combine the rigour of academic research with the targeted advice, practical recommendations and value for money of the commercial sector. We have a small core team supported by a network of associates who are specialists in their field.
The Sustineo Team is proud of our history of helping many organisations in Australia and across the Asia-Pacific region to understand and solve difficult problems and achieve sustainable, positive change.
Sustineo’s core capabilities include research, survey design, monitoring and evaluation, impact assessment, performance assurance, strategy and governance. We work across a range of sectors including climate change and sustainability, law and justice, economic development and rural, agricultural and community development.
The opportunity: Sustineo’s portfolio of work is growing for 2020 and this presents an opportunity for new members to join the Team.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to contribute to a broad range of research and consulting projects across diverse social and economic subject areas in Australia and overseas. Sustineo’s clients include DFAT, ACIAR, UNDP, SPC, ASEAN and APEC. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to immediately contribute to projects including:
- Design and delivery of large-scale social research projects in the Pacific
- Impact assessments of agricultural research for development projects in the Asia-Pacific
- Evaluations of regional development projects for the Australia Aid program.
The person: We are looking for a highly motivated and adaptable person to join our team. You will develop and grow professionally as the organisation expands over the coming years. You will need to be committed to the work we do and open to new and challenging opportunities in a fast-paced but supportive working environment. As a Researcher / Consultant, we will work with you to advance Sustineo’s projects and develop your career interests in line with our work and business opportunities.
The role: The Researcher / Consultant role will involve responsibilities across the organisation. This will include:
- Projects – research and evaluation design, stakeholder consultation and engagement, field data collection (potential international travel in the Asia and Pacific), analysis, reporting and editing
- Business development – project design and methodology development, bid development and production, prospect tracking, participating in client meetings and internal workshops
- Team management – communicating with Sustineo’s core and associate teams, managing relationships
- Communications – assisting with social media, production of blog and research briefs
- TBD – as shaped by you and by your strengths to help support, develop and grow the organisation.
The position could be part or full time, as negotiated with the successful applicant.
The attributes: The varied strengths of Sustineo’s team members combine to ensure we deliver a product that is more than the sum of our individual parts. The successful applicant will bring their own unique range of skills, attributes and potential to contribute to our work. The following are some of the basic (not exhaustive) attributes and skills we value:
- Experience in applied research and/or evaluation, with a strong understanding of design, methodology, conduct and analysis
- Experience in successfully completing high quality consulting and research projects
- Skills in qualitative, quantitative and/or integrative research methods
- Analytical capability and affinity with systems thinking and multidisciplinary approaches
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work adaptively and efficiently in a fast-paced work environment
- Willingness to be a polymath and apply their skills to a broad range of areas
- Other – what are the skills you think you best contribute?
The Researcher / Consultant is expected to have at least 3 years prior relevant experience and experience with large-scale survey work will be looked upon favourably. A tertiary undergraduate qualification is a minimum requirement for the role. Further qualifications (Honours, Masters, Masters with research) and relevant prior experience is also looked upon favourably, but is not essential.
The position is based in Canberra but with likely involve travel in Australia, Asia and the Pacific. The salary range will be between $80,000 to $100,000 (superannuation included), depending on experience.
Applications extended and now due COB Friday 13 December 2019.
Please apply by submitting your resume with a covering letter to email@example.com