2018 has been a terrific year. Apart from celebrating our 8th birthday, it was a year that saw us extend our project work across Australia and the Asia-Pacific region.
We’ve worked on seventeen major projects across seven countries, launched a new website , settled into our new head office in Deakin, strengthened our core research consulting team , forged new strategic partnerships across the Asia-Pacific region, expanded our network of research associates, improved our business systems and processes, and celebrated achievements along the way with sumptuous morning teas!
We are immensely proud of earning our ISO9001 Quality Management accreditation in 2018. This achievement provides our clients with assurance about the efficiency, consistency, and service they can expect every time they work with Sustineo, with many flow-on benefits to staff as well.
Sustineo takes its corporate social responsibilities seriously which is why we renewed our accreditation with the UN Global Compact for corporate sustainability in 2018 and became an ACTSmart accredited recycling business. We also received recognition this year for our business achievements, becoming a first-time entrant and finalist in three categories at the ACT Chief Minister’s Export Awards:
- Business Services
- Exporting to Asia, and
- Small Business.
This year we’ve continued to expand our work in the Pacific, with projects in the Solomon Islands, Papua New Guinea, and Vanuatu for clients such as ACIAR, UNDP, DFAT, CARDNO, and APEC. Assignments included:
- Women’s Leadership and Political Participation in the Solomon Islands - conducting a major survey on women’s political participation in the Solomon Islands
- PNG Community and Business Perceptions of Crime and Safety - exploring PNG community and business perceptions of crime and safety
- Impact Assessment of Sandalwood in Vanuatu - delivering an impact assessment and scoping study for the sandalwood industry in Vanuatu
- Monitoring and Evaluation of Socio-Economic Impacts of Pearl-based Livelihood Development in Fiji and Tonga
- Engaging Agricultural Communities in Climate Responsive Food Production: a PNG case study
- Transport Sector Support Program Sepik Highway PNG Impact Study
- Ayeyarwady Myanmar State of the Basin Assessment Synthesis Report
- Independent Evaluation - Multilateral Development Bank Infrastructure Assistance Program
- Vulnerability Assessment Framework for Vanuatu in the context of the Green Climate Fund
- The Pacific Community (‘SPC’): Partnership Survey Consultancy
We know clients can struggle with achieving outcomes when confronted with operational complexity and competing priorities. The breadth and depth of Sustineo’s assignments in 2018 showed our rare ability to combine large-scale social research in urban and remote settings with impact assessment using mixed-methods approaches, and to simultaneously build local and client capacity. If you think we can help, we’d be delighted to hear from you.
On the communications front we ramped up our presence across social media channels. If you haven’t already, we encourage you to follow Sustineo on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook, where you’ll learn more about goings on with the team, our projects, and our insights into the practice of social research, impact assessment, and evaluation.
Our Indigenous consulting partner, Proper Business Consulting, has had a busy year as well. Keep an eye on their newly launched website for updates on what they’re up to!
Going into 2019 we have a strong project pipeline, with several ongoing assignments and a range of projects kicking off. Keep an eye on our social media and the website for updates!
On behalf of the entire Sustineo team, thank you for your support, partnership, and contribution to a rewarding and enjoyable year. We wish you all a happy and safe holiday season and look forward to working with you again in 2019!